THIS PLAN IS BASED ON OUR VALUES AND GUIDING PRINCIPLES, INCLUDING:
- Transit options need to be available when and where people need them.
- Transit needs to be an option for all New Yorkers, regardless of income, age or ability
- Transit options need to be reliable.
- New York City is a built-out city with no room for new streets. We must continue to rethink how we use our city streets so they better serve all New Yorkers.
- Planning, enforcement and management of our street and transit operations will take advantage of innovations in data and technology.
- New York City is vulnerable to climate change and we are committed to improving the sustainability and resiliency of our city through promoting low emission, affordable and sustainable modes of travel.
- Development and growth throughout the city must be aligned with transit options.